An air compressor is a machine designed to take the air of the environment. It stores the air and compress it inside a tank called a boiler and with that air, you can give power to other pneumatic tools or perform multiple tasks such as inflating car and bicycle tires, cleaning, or even spraying paint.
Now, it is not enough to just know that what air compressor is. There are many air compressors available on the market. Before we go into the review of Briggs & Stratton Air Compressor, we would like to show you the criteria when choosing the best air compressor.
- Quality: it is very important that you acquire a compressor that has the necessary quality, regardless of the type of task you will perform with it. Take into account recognized houses and brands with a track record when selecting your compressor. Verify that the equipment has the corresponding guarantee, this will be the endorsement of the good functioning of the equipment and its durability.
- Support and maintenance: another aspect to consider, is if there are authorized agents in your area, that can provide technical support and maintenance to your compressor, if required. Although the maintenance of compressors is relatively easy for users, the advice of experts may be needed.
- Source of power: among the various models of compressors, we can find those that work with an electrical connection or those that run on gasoline as an energy source. This aspect should also be considered at the time of compressor selection. If the area in which you are going to work does not have an electrical connection, it is obvious that the best option is a compressor that works with gasoline. Of course, this type of compressors requires the replacement of the fuel every so often. As for the electric models, although they do not require refueling, they may be able to limit the portability of the equipment a bit, since they should always be close to an electrical outlet.
Many household tasks can become tiresome or difficult at times, because they demand a great sustained effort for a long time. However, in the end, we end up exhausted and dissatisfied because the task has not been completed properly. To avoid these frustrations, it is necessary to know what an air compressor you need and what task it is capable to do.
2 Best Briggs & Stratton Air Compressor Reviews
1) Briggs & Stratton 4.5-Gallon Air Compressor Review
Briggs & Stratton is a well-known brand that releases series of air compressor. Among those products, we’ve found that this oil-free pump air compressor has such a claim to be 80% quieter compared to other standard Briggs & Stratton products.
Most people said that, the first time they turned this on, they wondered whether the compressor was really working. This was because the compressor was so quiet. Other basic features like compression speed, boiler durability, and more are just good as others.
Other things that makes me interested with this B&D air compressor is the vertical rectangular shape. At a glance, the design seems like adapted to travel luggage. There are also rugged wheels and luggage-like collapsible handle. Making it way easier to carry and easy to store. In fact, it saves a lot of space in your house when you store it. It’s very compact!
Overall, this product looks good and worth the price. Unfortunately, this air compressor is not suitable for painting jobs, operating caulk gun, cut-off tool, grinder, and polisher. Indeed, this 4.5 Gallon compressor is mostly suitable if you use it for filling the tires on car/bike.
2) Briggs & Stratton 8-Gallon Air Compressor review
This 8-gallon horizontal-tank air compressor has overall good quality. If 4.5-gallon capacity doesn’t satisfy you, this compressor has 2 times bigger air capacity. It has 150 max PSI. However, you can set it up according to your needs as well. It can be 4.8 CFM at 40 PSI or be 3.7 CFM at 90 PSI.
The motor is featured 1.5 HP induction motor. Not to mention, this machine is easy to maintain since it has oil free pump. Below, you will also find rugged wheels that makes mobility a lot easier. The handle is removable for easy storage.
The design is classic and remain almost the same compared to other air compressor in the market. What makes it unique is that, the pump and motor are all shrouded for better motor protection and less noise.
This 8-gallon version can do more than just 4.5-gallon did obviously. Besides fully functional for filling up tires and balls, this air compressor so a great job to framing as well as finish nailing, impact wrench, and any inflation jobs.
The machine, unfortunately, only support up to 75 PSI. Then, before we turned off the machine, we can easily spot a smoke came out from the area around the switch.
Choosing the Best Briggs & Stratton Air Compressors
The air compressors, as we mentioned earlier, take air from the environment. It compresses the air and it can be used by releasing it through a flexible tube with the pressure regulated by a pressure switch.
The compressor is the fundamental piece in the operation of air compressors. We have reviewed both compressor and we do not notice much different in its performance, but only their capacity that differs. The cylinder with piston from both compressors driven by an electric motor, which allows it to take the air from the environment effectively and compress it for subsequent uses.
The tank (which is called boiler) is what separates both products during this review. If you want an air compressor with greater flexibility and easier to store, then 4.5-gallon B&D is for you. However, for more possibility of doing the household jobs, we recommend you to buy the 8-gallon B&D. It all depends on what you need.
Both of them has 1-year guarantee. Moreover, there is an availability for extended warranty. So, what do you think is more suitable to your needs? Have you tried the product yourself? Let us know in the comment below!